About the Company:
Global Health Ltd is one of the largest private multi-speciality tertiary care providers operating in the North and East regions of India in terms of bed capacity and operating revenues.
Under the “Medanta” brand, company has a network of five hospitals currently in operation (Gurugram, Indore, Ranchi, Lucknow and Patna) and one hospital (Noida), which is under construction.
Company also operates six multi-speciality clinics at DLF Cybercity Gurugram, Delhi Airport, south Delhi, Darbhanga, Patna and Subhash Chowk Gurugram.
Company provide healthcare services in over 30 medical specialties and engage over 1,300 doctors led by experienced department heads and, spanning an area of 4.7 million sq. ft., our operational hospitals have 2,467 installed beds.
As at June 30, 2022, we had a team of more than 6,000 medical professionals, including over 1,300 doctors and over 3,700 nurses and over 1,000 paramedical personnel.
Company was founded by Dr. Naresh Trehan, a world-renowned cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeon.
He has been awarded the prestigious Padma Bhushan and the Padma Shri, the third and fourth-highest civilian awards in India.
He has also been given BC Roy award, in recognition of his distinguished contribution to medicine as well as a special award for outstanding contributions as ‘Indian Father of Cardiac Surgery’ by the American Association of Cardiologists of Indian Origin. Dr. Trehan is the driving force behind Medanta hospitals.
Medanta Hospitals has been ranked among the best private hospital in India.
Medanta hospital at Gurugram was ranked as the best private hospital in India for three consecutive years in 2020, 2021 and 2022, and was the only Indian private hospital to be featured in the list of top 200 global hospitals in 2021 and was featured in the list of top 250 global hospitals in 2022 by Newsweek.
Company’s hospital at Gurugram was also featured in the list of world’s best specialized hospitals for cardiology and neurology in 2022 and the list of world’s best specialized hospitals for cardiology in 2021 by Newsweek.
The following is a breakdown of the full-time employees by their positions specified:
Company’s hospital in Noida, which is under construction and intended to commence operation during Fiscal 2025 with an expected installed capacity of 300 beds.
Upon operation of the Noida hospital in Fiscal 2025, company expects the number of total installed beds to exceed 3,500 at the end of Fiscal 2025, which will cater to domestic and international patients as part of company’s strategy to capitalize on medical tourism.
Company’s Key Financial and Operational Information:
Bed Capacity in Delhi NCR Region:
Competition in the Business:
Company competes with government-owned hospitals, other private hospitals and nursing homes, such as the Fortis, Artemis, Asian Heart Institute, Apollo Hospitals and Max Healthcare, smaller clinics, hospitals owned or operated by non-profit and charitable organizations and hospitals affiliated with medical colleges.
- Dr. Naresh Trehan (Designation: Chairman and Managing Director)
- Mr. Sunil Sachdeva (Designation: Non-Executive Director)
Objectives of the Issue:
Offer for Sale: (Rs.1705 cr )
- Each of the Selling Shareholders will be entitled to the proceeds of the Offer for Sale. Company will not receive any proceeds from the Offer for Sale.
Fresh Issue: (Rs.500 cr)
- Investment in two of our Subsidiaries, GHPPL and MHPL, in the form of debt or equity for repayment/prepayment of borrowings, in full or part, of such Subsidiaries.
- General corporate purposes.
Positives for the Company.
Large-scale hospitals with sophisticated infrastructure, medical equipment and technology.
- Company’s greenfield hospital at Gurugram has been designed with a focus on creating a safe and efficient environment for patient treatment.
- The Gurugram hospital has a built-up structure of more than 2.0 million sq. ft. with 40 operating rooms, and installed bed capacity of 1,391 including 285 ICUs beds,
as of June 30, 2022.
- In Lucknow, we have over 1.3 million sq. ft. and installed bed capacity of 473 as of June 30, 2022 with capacity to accommodate over 900 beds, while Patna has approximately 1 million sq. ft. with 228 installed beds as of June 30, 2022 (designed to accommodate over 500 beds).
Entry into diagnostic services.
- Company has recently incorporated a wholly-owned subsidiary, GHL Pharma & Diagnostic Private Limited (“GHL Pharma”) through which we aim to run all of our out-patient pharmacies in our hospitals and clinics as well as explore opportunities for expanding our ‘out-of-hospital’ laboratory diagnostic services.
- Company’s pharmacies provide convenient access to necessary branded prescription drugs and over-the-counter medication as well as a range of nutritional, lifestyle and beauty products.
- Hospital-based pharmacies have direct access to patients and require relatively low investments and there is a healthy demand for high-margin surgical items at these pharmacies, which boosts their profitability compared with standalone pharmacies.
Financials of the Company:
|(in Crores)||FY 20||FY 21||FY 22||30th June 2022|
Peer Group Companies:
Rainbow Childrens Medicare Ltd
|Issue Opens on||3rd November 2022|
|Issue Closes on:.||7th November 2022|
|Issue Price||Rs.319 – 336|
|Retail Category Allocation||35%|
|Minimum Lot||44 Shares|
|Issue Size||Rs.2205 cr ($265 million)|
|Market Cap||Rs.9011 cr ($ 1.08 billion)|
|Listing at||NSE & BSE|
|Equity Shares Offered (Fresh)||1,48,80,952|
|Equity Shares Offered (OFS)||5,07,61,000|
|Equity Shares Prior (Fresh + OFS)||6,56,41,952|
|Equity Shares prior to the issue||25,33,03,930|
|Equity Shares after the issue||26,81,84,882|
Also Read : List of Upcoming IPO’s in India.
Also Read : List of Upcoming SME IPO’s in India.
|Finalization of Basis of Allotment||on or Before 11th November 2022|
|Initiation of Refunds||on or Before 14th November 2022|
|Credit of Equity Shares:||on or Before 15th November 2022|
|Listing Date:||on or Before 16th November 2022|
IPO Valuation Parameters:
|Earnings Per Share (EPS)||Price To Earnings ratio (PE)||Return on Net Worth (RoNW)||Net Asset Value (NAV)|
|Company Contact Info:|
|Global Health Ltd
Medanta – Mediclinic, E-18,
Defence Colony, New Delhi, Delhi 110 024, India
Corporate Office: Medanta – The Medicity, Sector –
38, Gurgaon, Haryana 122 001, India.
Telephone: +91 124 483 4060
|IPO Registrar Info:|
|KFin Technologies Limited
Plot 31 and 32, Financial District
Hyderabad, Rangareddi 500 032
Tel: +91 40 6716 2222